Sunday 20 June 2010

A Note to Hebrews

This is an article I posted on a Jewish website earlier today, 20th. June, 2010.

I have been through a large number of challenging experiences recently, as many of us do, but believe that Hashem is speaking to us a family through the events which we would not have chosen ourselves.

In a letter written to Hebrews I have just come across the following words.

"It is for discipline you have to endure. Hashem is treating you as sons. For what father is there whom a father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who discplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, that we may share His holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

I believe that Hashem allows these sometimes bitter experiences and sufferings for a purpose. Without going into gory details, we have been withheld payment on a large itemized invoice, defrauded of over £1,100, had our car broken into with phones cards and life sustaining essential medication stolen while we were away from home on a Bank holiday, we were only going on a 20 minute walk. Yesterday, my son Benjamin ended up in hospital on his birthday with what seems to be quite a serious illness, his immune system is destroying the platelets in his blood. He may have to live with it, he is only 27 and has just provided us with our first grandson. I am convinced that Hashem is looking after us through all of this and is allowing it all for our own good!

Therefore, my friends, I am holding on to my faith in the Infinite Wisdom of Hashem. I hope this will be of some help and comfort to others. Do let me know if you have any questions or comments or experiences you want to share. Every blessing to you all, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment